Three things happened today.
1. I read John 15, about Jesus as the vine and we are the branches, and verse 5 jumped out at me: "Apart from me, you can do nothing."
2. I read "My Life for the Poor," by Mother Teresa and came across this quote:
"Your vocation is to belong to Jesus. He has chosen you for himself and the work is onyl a means of your love for him in action. Therefore it does not matter what work you are doing, but the main thing is that you belong to him, that you are his and that he gives you the means to do this for him.
So for all of us, it doesn't matter what we do where we are as long as we remember that we belong to him, that we are his, that we are in love with him. The means he gives us, whether we are working for the rich or we are working for the poor, whether we are working with high-class people or low-class people, it makes no difference; but how much love we are putting into the work we do is what matters."
3. On the way home on the T, I heard God's voice in my heart saying, "You are Mine." I started crying because I believed Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment