Friday, April 02, 2010

kingdom come

Last night as I lay in bed almost about to fall asleep, I was suddenly seized with a thought that just made me so excited that I couldn’t sleep!! I realized that God was answering my prayer, my very big prayer, not because I had prayed it, but because God is really that big. Maybe it was that God was moving in that area all along, just that prayer had opened my eyes to seeing it.

In the past few weeks, I’ve been praying a lot that God’s kingdom would come not only to my office, but also to the high school we do our mentoring program with… that it would come close enough to touch God’s people here, and that they could taste God’s goodness!! And, God showed me yesterday that He is answering. Before when I first started working here, I only knew 2 Christians here. And the other day I was reading that verse from Luke, about how the kingdom of God is within us. And then… I realized that the kingdom is indeed coming. There are Christian partnerships everywhere. Many of the mentors not only want to help the kids with their English, but also to share God’s love with them. And interestingly, one of my co-workers met the mentor of one of my mentors yesterday, who I also met with a few times to see if she could be my mentor. It’s kind of funny, she’s going to be meeting with my co-worker to discuss youth programs, and it seems that a particular relationship with a nearby church is strengthening, with regards to discussions/sharing of information about youth programs. And so, before my very eyes God is showing me how I am not alone in trying to share the love and the light of Christ in the world around me, that there are so many others who are there along with me!!!

PTL!

1 comment: