Friday, April 23, 2010

why do words always elude me??

Trying to express how I see God moving is like trying to capture the wind in words. It is nearly impossible because it blows away, and even when you have your hands cupped and you think you've got it, the air hisses through the crevices between your fingers and it's gone again. God has been doing some REALLY CRAZY things in the past couple of days, all of which I will not write here (maybe later in an e-mail...). But there are 2 things I do want to share...

1. So, since that last post I've been praying for physical healing, really praying in the spirit of Mark 11, where Jesus says: Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

So essentially... there is just no way I could have fixed my little dental problem, which with the way things were going it really could only get worse. But then yesterday I was brushing my teeth in the morning and looked... IT WAS ALMOST COMPLETELY HEALED. PTL! It's still absolutely incredible to me---God is sooooo amazing!

2. In a conversation with a friend yesterday I was reflecting on how God has really blessed me by letting me see how He has worked in people I know and brought them to Him. It is absolutely incredible. It is nothing of what we do that convinces people that Jesus is God, or that he's worth following, but these epiphanies and transformations happen through God working in them. What a beautiful and glorious thing to witness! They truly are oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. How absolutely splendid indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment