Yesterday, Missy was asking me what my conception of church was. I said a whole string of things, all of which may be me just being too idealistic about "the perfect church" though at the same time I still feel that it is what we are called to, and one of the things I said was "a group of people who are seeking God's heart together." She then asked me whether I thought I had people in my life who do that with me.
Which then led me to bring up the question of "How many Christians out there are ACTUALLY seeking God's heart?" Not just seeking out God's will for their lives, but pursuing God's heart for the sake of coming to know Him and the things He cares about. And I get really sad because actually there are so few people who are like that.
I think that's why I feel like I'm weird most of the time, or that I'm too much into my faith, or that I am not in line with society standards, and even church standards.
And so, I think this is a call to all Christians out there... to pursue after the One who pursued us. Not to get a blessing or to get Him to tell us what we're supposed to be doing with our lives, but simply because we can't get enough of the One who loves us more than we could ever know...
No comments:
Post a Comment