It's so scary because the deeper my relationship grows with Jesus, the more and more I realize that this world holds nothing for me, and absolutely nothing can satisfy the longings of my heart, except for Jesus. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...
I have crazy and unbelievable dreams and hopes for the world that are not achievable by mere human means.
I want to see the orphans of the world realize their absolutely beautiful dreams. I want to see the poor worshipping God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. I want to see the rich giving it all away for the kingdom of God. I want to see the sick healed, the blind have sight, the lame walk. I want to hear the widow's heart sing. I want to see multiethnic, multi-generational, multi-SES people sitting at Jesus's banqueting table. I want to see those who are "great" wash the feet of the poor and pray over them. I want to see radical servanthood that is out of love and proclaims that our God is a God of love. I want to sing on the mountaintops forever and ever of God's great love for the world. I want to hear the saints praising and praying. I want to see worship with lives of believers.
I want to see the church rise up to truly be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in a broken world that cries out for healing. I want to see people dancing with all their might before the Lord without caring that other people are looking. I want to see joy touch the hearts of the brokenhearted. I want to see the captives set free.
I want to see God proclaimed, God glorified. I want to Jesus everywhere I turn.
I was looking at the 31 Days 31 Faces posts about some of the children at Kaya Children (http://kayachildren.blogspot.com/) and I just cried. They are such beautiful children with such beautiful dreams that so many people may never know. And yet it is so beautiful that God knows their names and everything about them, and that they are engraved upon the palms of His holy hands.
I have no idea where I was going with this post, except to say that the thing that God has been doing in my soul since November (and probably even earlier than that) is just uncontainable and I am just livid and on fire for something more and something that is greater and beyond ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment