Tuesday, January 04, 2011

goals/hopes/prayers for 2011.

I'm really excited about this! In the past I set goals at the start of the year, which I like better than resolutions because it's something you're working toward instead of making promises and trying to maintain them, and then feeling bad because you couldn't. But this time... it's more of what I hope for God to do in me. So it isn't so much me changing myself, but God's power at work in me and bringing about transformation. It is by God's grace alone that these goals/hopes/prayers will be achieved!

1. become smaller so that God can become bigger
2. learn to practice the presence of God
3. understand God's love better, and get better at loving God and loving others
4. humble submission
5. understand more deeply my identity in Christ
6. be more bold in sharing my faith by words, by action, and by sharing life
7. learn more about evangelism
8. learn to pray and learn to listen
9. more of the Holy Spirit in my life
10. learn more about God's heart for the poor and share it
11. learn more about God in the Old Testament
12. keep persevering in praying for the salvation of my family
13. deep and meaningful community
14. keep my eyes fixed on the cross

Conclusion--I just need more of God in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment