Sunday, May 01, 2011

Total Prayer Walk Moment!

Today when I walked past the Paradise Rock Club I looked at the sign and the band name was "The Pains of Being Pure at Heart." It made me think of the verse "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God," and it made me think, geez, why would it be a pain to be pure at heart if we get to see God?!?!? But then I remember... Jesus calls us to give up our lives to follow him. It has cost us everything to become followers of Christ as we come to see that we are not our own and bought at a high price. So for many

I then found myself praying for all believers in the area, that we can remain pure in heart and persevere in that even when it is painful and the things of this world seem like they're good enough and we can just settle, or that we can continue to pursue purity even when our sinful nature is telling us otherwise. And my prayer is that we will be rewarded with more of God in our lives as we continue to run this race.

The last and only time I felt like God showed me what to pray for so visually was in the DR.

No comments:

Post a Comment