Things just kind of swirl around in my head these days so I don't remember where this thought came from... sounds like something Pastor Manny might have said. But it was that it's kind of sad for non-Christians who give thanks but do not know who to thank. I actually saw that today when my best friend's mom wanted to give thanks for things of this year for each of us, but didn't know how to pray nor did she know who to be praying to. So she kind of just said it to that person what she was thankful for in his/her life.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I am overwhelmed at how much he loves me, the incredibleness of this year and all he has brought me through and walked with me through, how many times he's helped me overcome barriers or temptations, how many times he's held me by the hand so that I won't falter, the blessings he has showered upon me for no reason. I praise him for who he is and for what he's done for me on the cross... I thank him for the way I feel and know his presence, that I have never felt lonely in my walk with him though I am increasingly alone as I try to run harder toward the one who I'm living this life for...
I am probably crazy to the world. Every day I tell Jesus that I am not my own, that I have been crucified with him and it is him living through me and not myself, that this life in the flesh I live by faith in him. That I want to live like he is the Lord of my life. The more I pray it the more, he is transforming me and responding. I just can't explain it in words.
Today I prayed about a humidifier. It was really cute. But in thinking about that temptation of buying random stuff and accumulating stuff (opposite of pursuing a life of simplicity) and NOT being a good steward of my money, I chose to pray. And I felt like it was really unnecessary and it would just be bad for me to get it. Which it's like, well who cares if it's only like $30, it's not a big deal, and I'm overreacting. But I just don't want to develop the habit... and I know it's the right thing for me even if it seems like I'm just really uptight to everyone else.
I'm really bad at blogging consistently. All I have these days is nonexistent free time... praise God for long car rides to work though, because then I get to pray more :]
No comments:
Post a Comment