Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gospel II.

Time for another post, and I hardly know where to begin. (not news!) The Spirit of God moves so quickly and it is exactly like that huge tsunami wave Chris Chu was talking about... I am fearful of getting swept under and drowning, but somehow by the grace of God, He is carrying me above the wave and I'm semi-surfing, semi-scrambling to hold on to the surfboard.

Sadly, more people seemed to "like" my status update about accepting a job, than my status update about the Gospel. I think only Stephanie "liked" it... which makes me sad because of the world and what the world tells us is of value. Yes, I am really excited about my job. But I am much more excited about the Gospel and how it's transforming lives, including my own. But like everyone else, I feel the world seeking to overtake me. And so I decided to fast from Facebook again (which, unfortunately, does suck up my life, but my fault entirely because I let it). I need more Jesus time. Especially with work starting probably on Monday, I don't have as much time to just sit for hours with Jesus.... which I am not looking forward to giving up.

My dad just asked me, with my birthday coming up, what I want. Everything I want money can't buy. I want to see people fall in love with Jesus. People to be transformed by the gospel. For the poor to find that they are rich in Christ. For the hurting to be healed and to use their brokenness to shine God's love to others who need Him. For my family to come to Christ and profess him as their Lord and Savior. For the nations to hear of the glory of God. For the banqueting table at the wedding with Jesus to be FILLED--with the poor, the rich, the in between, people of all nations and all ages, all praising God. For people to know how much God loves them. Only God knows the depth of my heart.

Yeah, I realize I'm probably getting crazier and crazier as the days pass. Part of me just FREAKS OUT and wonders if I'm really grounded in Scripture or if I'm being heretical. But the other part of me knows that this is only a small degree of what it looks like to follow Jesus.

Without Jesus I am dying. I belong to him and my life is found only in him... and I do not want to live this life without him. Oh Lord, help me to walk in your ways and to have the courage to follow you...

No comments:

Post a Comment