Thursday, July 23, 2009

es la niña de Sus ojos.

The title translated means "you are the apple of His eyes," which is an idiom in Spanish meaning that you are the favorite or the favored one of God. There's this song that we sang in the DR called "La Niña de Tus Ojos" that is just beautiful. I'm putting up the lyrics here--

Me viste a mi
cuando nadie me vio

me amaste a mi
cuando nadie me amo


y me diste nombre
yo soy Tu niña

la niña de Tus ojos
porque me amaste a mi


Te amo mas que a mi vida [x3]

Te amo mas que a mi vida, mas





And here is my translation (to the best of my non-Spanish speaking abilities):

You saw me
when no one else saw me
You loved me
when no one else loved me

and You gave me a name
I am Your apple
the apple of Your eyes
because You loved me

I love You more than my life

I love You more than my life, more

No comments:

Post a Comment