Wednesday, July 08, 2009

missing God.

Today I felt like Psalm 42 because I feel like I miss God, and I miss His people. It's partially being so isolated from Christian community, and partially DR homesickness (if that's even the right way to describe it). I think I'm not getting enough spiritual feeding (and a lot of it for me includes community) for serving my family. I had to miss service on Sunday to be with family, which is my only communal spiritual feeding experience aside from Wednesday prayer meeting... and after being in Christian community pretty much 24/7 when at school, and while in the DR, doing fellowship stuff pretty much every night, and now having none of it is really hard. God is definitely ministering to me through my prayer times and through His word, though--Galatians 5 was impressing on my heart today, and I think God was transforming parts of me through that chapter, and showing me where I need to ask for forgiveness and grace, and move forward. I don't want to make it sound like it's the worst situation ever, because it isn't at all, just stating the facts. After having a conversation with a sister in Christ today, I realized that (after she called me out on it) I was expecting some sort of pity or sympathy and had been making it all about me, and not about God and the work that He's already been doing in me and in my family. Praise be to God for being God, who has a plan for this world and whose wisdom is much greater than ours. And thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment