"I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies." --Psalm 108:3-4
Sunday, December 20, 2009
You make everything glorious. :)
Today when I was walking from the T after the Ugly Quilt making party, I felt God speaking to my heart. I was wondering why we didn't call it "Beautiful Quilt." But then God reminded me that it wasn't beautiful because of the works of our hands, but because of Him and what He will do through us and through the provision of this quilt. And I realize that it's an analogy for us. We are so, so ugly because of our sins, our faults, our shortcomings, where we fall short. But by what Jesus did for us, and for the blood he shed for us, we are being sanctified and being made beautiful in the eyes of God. We are not beautiful by what we do on our own. Apart from Jesus we can do nothing and apart from Jesus we are nothing, just stones scattered on the side of the road without meaning. But when we die to ourselves and find ourselves in Christ, we become stones that are being built into the spiritual dwelling place for the Spirit of God in the world. When we die to ourselves and find ourselves in Christ, we become the treasure that Jesus saw in his heart long ago when he died on the cross for us and said that we were worth it, even before we actually looked like those treasures. How glorious is that? And how beautiful is our Savior?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment