1. In the very beginning of Kent Annan's book Following Jesus Through the Eye of the Needle, he shares this story about a pastor and a young guy who excitedly tells him that he got this really good job out of hundreds of applicants. The pastor says, "Why would you want to do a job that 199 other people can do when there's so much work to be done for Jesus that no one's doing?"
2. This is from Francis Chan's website, from an early update by his wife, Lisa:
"Yesterday a Brother here was sharing how the members of his church, who are poor by our standards, care for the neediest. He says in India, the people eat twice a day. Rice is a staple food for them. So as they take out a handful of rice, they also take out a handful and put it in a bag. They do this twice a day for one month at a time, and at the end of the month they bring the bag of rice to church, which is then given to the poor. It made me think, there is always a way to give. And I was a little ashamed of how many people I've heard say, 'I wish I could give to the poor, but I just don't have anything to give after my bills are paid'. Really?"
No comments:
Post a Comment